Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Tomatoes
This simple entree boasts only 4 ingredients (not including salt, pepper and oil) and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3cup coarsely chopped, seeded tomato
- 2beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces)
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in tomato.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from steaks. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; reduce heat to medium. Cook to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F).
- To serve, spoon vinegar reduction over steaks. Sprinkle with thyme.
Per serving (recipe makes 2 servings)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.