Bean & Veggie Taco Bowl
Simple brown rice and black beans serve as the backdrop for sautéed veggies and taco toppings.
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (1 oz.)
- ¼ cup pico de gallo or salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and hot sauce for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Mound rice and beans in a bowl. Top with the vegetables, cheese, pico de gallo (or salsa) and cilantro, if using. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|