Baked Chicken with Tarragon & Dijon Mustard
For the crispiest coating in this healthy baked chicken recipe, be sure to start with coarse dry breadcrumbs, or toast fresh breadcrumbs in the oven until they’re dry before pressing onto the chicken. If you like, prepare this dish with 8 thighs and 8 drumsticks instead of the leg quarters—the cooking time stays the same.
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3cup Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 8bone-in chicken leg quarters (4 1/2-5 pounds), skin removed
- 3/5cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mash butter with mustard, tarragon and pepper in a bowl until combined. Place chicken in a roasting pan (or large baking dish) and brush the tops and sides with the mustard mixture. Toss breadcrumbs and oil in a bowl. Press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken.
- Roast the chicken until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part without touching bone registers 165°F, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately, drizzled with the cooking juices, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|