Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
This simple blender hollandaise recipe with fresh herbs makes a luscious topping for steamed asparagus, but is also great with artichokes, fish and, of course, eggs Benedict. For a nutty flavor, try browning the butter before adding it to the blender, and/or top the asparagus with slivered almonds or chopped pecans.
- 2bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1large egg yolk
- 1 1/2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh dill, tarragon and/or chives
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add asparagus, cover and steam until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter. Place egg yolk and lemon juice in a blender and pulse to combine. With the motor running at medium speed, slowly add the hot butter and salt; blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in herbs.
- Transfer the asparagus to a platter. Drizzle with the sauce and season with a generous grinding of pepper.
When a recipe calls for raw eggs, you can minimize the risk of food-borne illness by using pasteurized-in-the-shell eggs. They’re exposed to just enough heat to make them safe to eat raw.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|