Asparagus & Ham Stuffed Potatoes
Asparagus adds a touch of spring to this overstuffed ham-and-cheese twice-baked potatoes recipe. Use another vegetable, such as broccoli, if you prefer.
4 servings, 1 potato each
- 4medium russet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1cup diced ham
- 1/2cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon white or black pepper
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on Medium, turning once or twice, until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add asparagus, cover and steam until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the steamed asparagus with ham, sour cream, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, 6 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper in a bowl. When the pota toes are cool enough to handle, cut off the top third, then gently scoop out the flesh; add to the bowl with the ham mixture and gently mash together.
- Place the potato shells in a microwave-safe dish and evenly divide the ham mixture among them. (They will be very well stuffed.) Top each stuffed potato with 2 tablespoons of the remaining cheese. Microwave on High until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Garnish with the remaining chives.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, 1 potato each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|