It’s easy to turn the ingredients of the quintessential antipasto platter into a great big salad with the addition of leafy greens and other vegetables.
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 6cups torn escarole
- 2cups torn radicchio
- 1pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 115-ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1cup slivered fennel
- 3/4cup diced fresh mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1/2cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2cup halved and sliced radishes
- 1/2cup sliced salami (2 ounces)
- 1/4cup sliced ripe black olives
- Whisk oil, vinegar, oregano and pepper in a large bowl. Add escarole, radicchio, tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, fennel, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, radishes, salami and olives. Toss to coat.
Per serving (recipe makes 5 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||11g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.