Antipasti Pasta Salad
This Italian pasta salad recipe has all the flavors of antipasto—salami, Provolone and pepperoncini— tossed together with a tangy vinaigrette and whole-wheat pasta. This healthy antipasti pasta salad is perfect for a light dinner. For the best flavor, combine the pasta salad with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup red-wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) whole-wheat medium shells
- 2cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1cup diced bell pepper
- 1cup quartered canned artichoke hearts
- 1cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2cup cubed salami
- 5tablespoons shredded provolone cheese
- 3tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Combine oil, broth, vinegar, marjoram, shallots, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until well combined. (Or whisk in a bowl.)
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add fennel, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, beans, salami, cheese, pepperoncini, pepper and the dressing; toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|