Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers
Instead of batter-dipped, deep-fried nuggets, we coat chicken tenders in a seasoned almond and whole-wheat flour crust and then oven-fry them to perfection. With half the fat of standard breaded chicken tenders, you can enjoy to your (healthy) heart’s content.
Makes 4 servings
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2cup sliced almonds
- 1/4cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons paprika
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4large egg whites
- 1pound chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture.) Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes Makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.