Use this vinaigrette to dress any combination of mixed greens. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
about 1 cup
- 1medium clove garlic
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 5tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6tablespoons fresh orange juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4cup white-wine vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Peel garlic clove and smash with the side of a chef’s knife. Using a fork, mash the garlic with salt in a small bowl to form a coarse paste. Whisk in oil. Add juice, vinegar and mustard; whisk until well blended. Taste and whisk in up to 4 tablespoons more juice to mellow the flavor; season with more salt, if desired.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. The oil will solidify, so bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
Per serving (recipe makes about 1 cup)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.