20-Minute Three-Cheese Vegetable Pasta Toss
Dinner is done in 20 minutes flat when you toss pasta with presliced mushrooms, baby spinach and pasta sauce. Ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese make it rich and creamy.
- 4ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni (about 1 cup)
- 1/3cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 18-ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 110-ounce package prewashed fresh baby spinach
- 123.5-ounce jar no-salt-added traditional pasta sauce
- 1/2cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- Pour 4 cups hot water into a Dutch oven; cover and bring to boiling. Add macaroni; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, kosher salt, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a very large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach. Cook and toss until wilted and liquid is evaporated. Drain well, if needed.
- Drain the cooked pasta well. Stir cheese mixture into hot pasta. Stir in pasta sauce; cook until bubbly. Stir in mushroom-spinach mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Per serving (recipe makes )
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|