Vegan Cauliflower “Egg” Salad
Cauliflower stands in for hard-boiled eggs in this healthy vegan recipe. Serve over a bed of greens or on whole-wheat toast for an easy open-face sandwich.
- 3cups small cauliflower florets
- 1/4cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1/4teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 2tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, turmeric and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher or fork. Stir in celery, onion and dill.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||0g|