Strawberry-Lime Ice Cream Pie
In this healthy strawberry daiquiri-inspired ice cream pie recipe, graham crackers make an easy and tasty crust for the strawberry, rum and lime filling made with nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt. For a nonalcoholic “virgin” daiquiri pie, omit the rum.
5 hours 40 minutes
- 2cups coarsely crumbled graham crackers
- 3tablespoons canola oil
Filling & Topping
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 2tablespoons white rum
- 1tablespoon lime zest, divided
- To prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Process graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Add oil and process until well combined. Using your fingertips or the back of a spoon, press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake until just set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the filling: Whip cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until starting to thicken. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor and puree 1 cup strawberries. Gently fold the strawberry puree, rum and 2 teaspoons lime zest into the yogurt-cream mixture.
- Spread the flavored yogurt-cream mixture into the cooled crust. Top with the remaining 1 cup strawberries and remaining 1 teaspoon lime zest. Freeze until very firm, at least 5 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 15 minutes, before slicing.
To make ahead: Once frozen, wrap airtight and freeze for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 9-inch pie)
|Mono Saturated Fat
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.