Stir-Fried Chicken & Broccoli with Mango Chutney
Resist the urge to make this stir-fry chicken recipe in a skillet instead of a wok, which will hold all your ingredients better. For this quick-cooking recipe, prepare all your ingredients before you heat the wok to avoid over cooking.
- 5cups water
- 8ounces whole-wheat capellini
- 1tablespoon toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 1/4cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup mango chutney
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2teaspoons white vinegar
- 2large cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and sliced (1/2 inch)
- 5cups broccoli florets
- 1bunch scallions, whites cut into 1-inch pieces and greens sliced, divided
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Toss with sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk broth, chutney, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, cornstarch and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a 14-inch flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, broccoli and scallion whites to the wok; cook, stirring, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Make a well in the center of the ingredients and add the reserved sauce. Cook, stirring and combining it with the chicken and vegetables, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve over the pasta. Garnish with scallion greens.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3.63g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.04g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.