This robust one-pot rice dish comes together in minutes—and it’s vegetarian, too!
- 114.5-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, cut up (undrained)
- 1/2cup water
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- Several dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/4cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives or chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- In a medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, water, chili powder, rice, salt, pepper and, if desired, hot sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in olives. Sprinkle with Cheddar.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.