Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
In this fast asparagus side dish recipe, hazelnuts and Parmesan cheese are mixed with breadcrumbs for an impressive-looking topping.
- 2bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2teaspoons lemon zest
- Position racks in center and upper levels of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Toss asparagus, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in the center of the oven until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon oil with Parmesan, breadcrumbs, hazelnuts and lemon zest. Remove the asparagus from the oven. Turn the broiler to high. Sprinkle the topping on the asparagus. Broil in the upper third of the oven until lightly crisped, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.