Orange-Sesame Shrimp Salad
In this healthy Asian-inspired shrimp salad recipe, two types of greens—romaine lettuce and red cabbage—pair beautifully with the avocado and shrimp. Use extra dressing for another salad or as a sauce for baked fish.
1 serving, about 4 cups salad
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2cups finely sliced (or diced) red cabbage
- 3ounces peeled cooked shrimp
- 1/2ripe avocado, diced
- To prepare dressing: Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and oil in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake until the sugar has dissolved. (Makes about 2/3 cup dressing.)
- To prepare salad: Toss lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Transfer to a plate and top with shrimp and avocado. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 5 days.)
People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled "gluten-free," as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving, about 4 cups salad)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.