One-Pan Harvest Pasta
This hearty weeknight dinner recipe is perfect for September, when you're starting to crave cozier foods, but your garden is still producing a bounty of herbs and vegetables!
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2tomatoes or 4 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3cup chopped red onion
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 119-ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup dried whole-grain elbow macaroni
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Snipped fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, red onion and garlic. Cook, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, broth, pasta and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 7 to 10 minutes more or until vegetables and pasta are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper; serve topped with basil and Parmesan cheese.
If you don't like eggplant, increase the other vegetables or substitute an equal volume of chopped or sliced mushrooms.
Per serving (recipe makes 7 cups)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.