No-Cook Black Bean Salad
A classic black bean salad is a must for picnics and potlucks. This version gets its creaminess from blended avocado. Any mix of salad greens will work well, but try arugula if you want to give this hearty salad a peppery kick.
- 1/2cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/4cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 8cups mixed salad greens
- 2medium ears corn, kernels removed, or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- 1pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 115-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- Place onion in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside. Combine avocado, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic and salt in a mini food processor. Process, scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth and creamy.
- Just before serving, combine salad greens, corn, tomatoes and beans in a large bowl. Drain the onions and add to the bowl, along with the avocado dressing. Toss to coat.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||11g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.