Mexican Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Everyone will love this Mexican-inspired pasta salad recipe. We lighten up the creamy dressing with avocado for a healthier version of a picnic favorite.
- 1/2ripe avocado
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1small clove garlic, grated
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 8ounces whole-wheat fusilli (about 3 cups)
- 1cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2cup corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4cup diced red onion
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare dressing: Combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, Cheddar, onion and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|