Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice.
- 1cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1pound chicken tenders
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2large shallots, minced
- 1teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Whisk broth, vinegar, marmalade, mustard and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 4 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add it to the pan. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook until the sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Add the chicken; return to a simmer. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in orange zest.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||6g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.