Manchego Grilled Corn
Much like Mexican street corn, this corn-on-the-cob recipe uses a slathering of mayonnaise to help keep the Spanish Manchego cheese in place.
4 ears corn, 1/4 cup lime mayonnaise
1 hour and 10 minutes
- 4ears fresh sweet corn in husks
- 1/4cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1teaspoon finely shredded lime zest
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1cup finely shredded Manchego cheese (4 ounces)
- Paprika (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Place corn in husks in a large shallow bowl; add enough water to cover. Soak for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise (or salad dressing) and lime zest.
- Grill corn in the husks on the rack of a covered charcoal or gas grill directly over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until charred, turning once or twice.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, pull back husks. Spread the corn with the mayonnaise mixture; season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Manchego cheese and, if desired, paprika. Serve warm, with lime wedges.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 ears corn, 1/4 cup lime mayonnaise)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.