Kale Artichoke Dip
A riff on traditional spinach artichoke dip, this creamy, cheesy dip recipe is made healthier by replacing some of the cream cheese with yogurt. Serve as an easy appetizer with tortilla chips and carrot sticks.
- 2 1/2cups frozen chopped kale (12 ounces) or 2 1/4 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2cups frozen artichoke hearts (9 ounces), thawed and chopped
- 8ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons minced shallot
- 2large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine kale (or spinach), artichoke hearts, cream cheese, yogurt, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using) in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until starting to brown and bubble, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prepare through Step 2 and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Bake until hot, about 40 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.