Grilled Summer Vegetables with Shallot-Herb Vinaigrette
Enjoy the summer’s vegetable bounty with this easy grilled vegetable recipe. Pile any leftovers on crusty baguette with melted fontina or mozzarella for lunch the next day.
- 8small firm ripe tomatoes or 4 medium
- 4whole baby eggplant or 1 medium cut into 2-inch chunks
- 8baby summer squash or 2 medium halved lengthwise
- 16mini sweet peppers, mixed colors
- 1bunch scallions, trimmed
- 5tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper
- 2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano and basil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss tomatoes, eggplant, squash, peppers and scallions with 3 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Whisk vinegar, shallot and herbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over the grilled vegetables.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.