Grilled Broccoli Wedges with Herb Vinaigrette
There's more to broccoli than just the florets, the stalks are delicious too. Plus, using the whole stalk allows for grilling directly on the rack, no grill basket needed! Lightly charring the broccoli then finishing over indirect heat allows the stems to get tender without burning.
- 2small broccoli stalks, trimmed and quartered
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 2tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat one side of the grill to medium-high; leave the other half unheated.
- Toss broccoli in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill the broccoli, cut-side down, over the heat, turning once halfway through, until lightly charred, 10 to 15 minutes total. Move to the unheated side, close the lid and cook until the stalks are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, basil, chives, mustard and pepper with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the bowl. Toss the grilled broccoli with the vinaigrette to serve.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 cups)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.