Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
Fresh in-season summer corn is delicious in this salad, but frozen corn makes a great year-round substitute in this quick and easy side dish.
- 4medium ears fresh corn or 10 ounces frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1cup thin strips orange bell pepper
- 1cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 2tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Cut corn kernels from cobs to get 2 cups.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring, until the bell pepper and onion are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad warm or chilled. (Before chilling, drain the vegetables.) Sprinkle with basil before serving, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 3 cups)
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.