Chicken & White Bean Soup
Rotisserie chicken can really relieve the dinner-rush pressure—especially in this Italian-inspired hearty soup, ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 214-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2cups water
- 115-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 12-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving (recipe makes 9 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||2g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.