BLT Chopped Salad with Avocado
Turn a classic sandwich into a healthy salad with this easy BLT-inspired recipe. Didn't think a BLT could get any better? Add creamy avocado to punch up the flavor and texture.
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons buttermilk
- 1tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground pepper
- 6cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1firm ripe avocado, diced
- 4slices cooked bacon, chopped
- To prepare dressing: Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, blue cheese, chives, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to blend.
- To prepare salad: Add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and bacon to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8.98g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.