Banana Bread French Toast
Take banana bread to the next level when you soak it in a classic French toast batter and fry it for an impressive (but oh so easy!) breakfast or brunch. Top with chopped walnuts, sliced bananas and maple syrup for extra decadence.
- 4large eggs
- 3/4cup low-fat milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 8slices banana bread, about 1 inch thick
- 2tablespoons butter, divided
- Toasted chopped walnuts, sliced banana and pure maple syrup for topping
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a 4-cup measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Arrange 4 slices of banana bread in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread. Let soak for 1 minute, then turn the slices over and soak for 1 minute more.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the slices and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining banana bread, egg mixture and butter.
- To serve, top with walnuts, sliced banana and maple syrup, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 8 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.