The days are crisp and the nights are chilly. Our idea of a perfect fall dinner is a tender pork roast and oven roasted garlic potatoes. Try this recipe with Tyson Fresh Pork Sirloin Roast (2-pack)
at only $1.89 per lb
. (You save $1.10 per lb.)
Pork Roast Serves 6
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large, resealable plastic bag, mix rosemary, garlic salt, thyme, and pepper.
Place pork roast in the bag, seal, and toss until thoroughly coated with the garlic salt mixture. Transfer to a medium baking dish.
3. Cook pork roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F
The perfect accompaniment is these potatoes—and they're super easy too! A 5 lb bag of potatoes is only $0.99 at Grocery Outlet right now. You save up to $2.
Oven Roasted Potatoes Serves 6
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
6 medium russet potatoes, quartered
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 1/2 tsp. rosemary, dried or fresh
1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a square roasting pan combine oil and butter. Heat in oven 3 minutes to melt butter.
3. Add potatoes and garlic.
Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper over potatoes. Shake pan to coat potatoes evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, shaking pan occasionally so potatoes will brown on all sides.
Happy frugal fall! Oh, and stay tuned for news of our upcoming wine sale!