It may surprise you to know that Grocery Outlet is on a mission to become eco-friendly. Even though our primary goal is to bring you quality products at extremely low prices, we also include sustainability and eco-responsibility in our overall strategy. Here are some things that Grocery Outlet has done in our corporate offices to reduce waste, save energy, and make our planet a better place:
1. We used to provide free bottled water for employees. We've now switched to filtered drinking water coolers and drinking glasses. We recycle the paper cups we do use.
2. We bought Duplex Printers—we encourage printing on both sides of the paper.
3. We switched to energy saving smart power strips
4. We bought energy saving dishwashers. We switched to motion lights in offices to save energy.
6. We made the change to organic, fair trade coffee and biodegradable coffee filters.
7. We provide incentives for employees to ride their bike or carpool to cut down on emissions.
8. We recycle cardboard, plastic, cans, bottles, paper, bubble wrap, and Styrofoam, as well as cartridges, staplers, and other difficult items to recycle.
9. We buy recycled copy paper and office products.
10. We switched our janitorial supplies and paper towels to more sustainable, eco-friendly products.
11. We try to make electronic copies more than paper copies.
Also, we've made sourcing organic, sustainable, and eco-friendly products for you a priority. You'll regularly see brands like Amy's Organic, Kashi, Annie's, Nature's Gate, and many more in our stores. The eco-friendly product that I'm most excited about is Bear River Valley Cereals. We're featuring these cereals in our July ad (consider this a sneak peek!). Bear River Valley cereals use 75% less packaging than other brands, and the manufacturer supports renewable wind energy. Also, all shipping cartons are made from 100% recycled product. You can learn more about Bear River Valley here.
Best of all, each cereal is only 99 cents! You save up to $2 on this cereal. That's something to cheer about!
This is just one of many examples of how Grocery Outlet can help you save money and the planet. We'll keep our eyes out for more fantastic eco-bargains. Stay tuned!