Sharswood Grocery Outlet Win $1000 in Groceries Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF PENNSYLVANIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The Sharswood Grocery Outlet “WIN $1000 IN GROCERIES” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by Grocery Outlet, 5650 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on 7/18/2022, at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on 8/25/2022, at 11:59 P.M. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of Pennsylvania who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant must either (i) submit an entry (“Entry”) through the sweepstakes landing page at www.groceryoutlet.com/win-groceries-sharswood, or (ii) submit an entry via the mail. Entry must include a valid, working email address where the entrant can be reached. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of entry. Use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor.
Message and data rates may apply to Entries submitted via a mobile device. Please check with your mobile carrier for more information.
Entry Limit: One (1) Entry per person for a maximum of one entry for the entire Sweepstakes Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as each calendar day starting at 12:00:00 AM PT and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT. Entrants attempting to use multiple email accounts will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to:
a) Receive from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated representative a notification message and/or email notifying such entrant if he or she is a potential prize winner.
b) Receive promotional emails from Grocery Outlet. Subscribers can opt out of promotional emails via the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of any email or by visiting our Email Preferences Center at https://groceryoutlet.com/preference-center-login.
4. WINNER SELECTION: A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about 8/27/2022. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There will be one (1) prize, consisting of twenty $50 Reward certificates that must be used within one year (“Prize”),. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $1,000. Reward certificates will only be redeemable for use at the Sharswood Grocery Outlet location. No cash value and no substitutions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or equal or greater value. Winner will be notified on or about 9/3/2022.
6. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners will be notified via email on or about 9/3/2022 with further instructions on how to claim the prize. All winners must claim prize within 3 days of notification, or another winner will be chosen. If a potential winner does not respond to the winner notification message sent to his or her email address within the time period stated in the notification message, such potential winner’s prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
In the event that an email notification or any other winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or if there is no response to an email notification or any other winner notification is not received within the stated time period, or if a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, he or she may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified, and the prize he or she may have been entitled to will be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
The potential winner may be sent a W-9 and declaration of eligibility and liability / publicity release (“Prize Documents”). Unless prohibited by law, the potential winner will be required to complete and return the Prize Documents within seventy-two (72) hours of the date the Prize Documents are sent.
By accepting a prize, the winner grants Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, and/or photo (“Content”) in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, and to display the Content in any media now known or hereinafter developed.
8. TAXES: Sponsor makes no representations about the tax consequences of being selected as the winner and receiving a Prize. No part of the Prize or its equivalent cash value will be subject to withholding by Sponsor for the payment of any taxes. Sponsor will report amounts received by an entrant who is randomly chosen to be a winner and receives a Prize by filing Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service as required by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that they will be solely responsible for paying any taxes due as a result of receiving any Prize.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the failure to capture or loss of any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the website or any Sweepstakes-related website(s).
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, including any injury that arises as a result of receipt, use, or conversion of a Prize into groceries or other goods; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party trademark, license, privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof); (e) any change in prizes (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action[s], regulation[s], order[s] or request[s] prove[s] to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of a website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; and (k) any liability for taxes as a result of receiving a Prize.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including any prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Alameda County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
12. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry in the Sweepstakes or entitlement to a Prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent or deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit an Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion. In the event the Sharswood Grocery Outlet location is rendered inoperable for any reason, including health or safety reasons, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any remainder of the Prize.
13. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner (available after 9/3/2022), please visit Sponsor’s website at www.groceryoutlet.com/win-groceries-sharswood.