West Coast Toast
Hummus, sprouts and avocado top sprouted whole-wheat bread in this healthy vegan lunch idea. Look for sprouted bread in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- 1cup mixed greens
- 1teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2slices sprouted whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1/4cup plain hummus
- 1/4cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4avocado, sliced
- 2teaspoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- Toss greens with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread each slice of toast with 2 tablespoons hummus. Top with sprouts, avocado and the greens and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Per serving (recipe makes 1 serving)
|Mono Saturated Fat||12g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.