Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger Wraps
Kids and adults alike will love these quick, zippy burgers. The beans make the burgers a little fragile, so be careful when taking them off the broiler pan. Make it a meal: Serve a green salad and frozen mango slices for dessert.
- 12ounces 93%-lean ground beef
- 1cup refried beans
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2cup prepared salsa
- 1/8teaspoon garlic powder
- 4whole-wheat tortillas warmed
- 2cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1lime cut into 4 wedges
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5-by-2-inch oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash together avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with the guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.
To warm corn tortillas, wrap a stack of tortillas in barely damp paper towels; microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds. Or wrap stacks of 4 tortillas in foil; place in a 375°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap tortillas in a clean towel to keep warm.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||8.26g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.12g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.