Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
This healthy copycat recipe for classic Buffalo dip cooks in your slow cooker for an easy, hands-off appetizer you can keep warm for the whole game, party or any casual gathering. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and tortilla chips for dipping.
3 3/4 hours
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1large onion, chopped
- 1large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3tablespoons hot sauce
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Combine broth, onion and jalapeño in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Cover and cook on High for 2 1/2 hours. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Cover to keep warm.
- Drain the liquid from the slow cooker. Whisk cream cheese, 1/4 cup blue cheese and hot sauce into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until hot, about 20 minutes. Stir the chicken into the cream cheese mixture. Top with scallions and more blue cheese, if desired.
Per serving (recipe makes 16 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1g|