Roast Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized sweet potatoes and red onion are the bed for chicken thighs that cook up fast in a very hot oven—perfect for a quick healthy chicken dinner. Serve with a fall salad of mixed greens, sliced apples and blue cheese.
- 2tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/2pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Combine mustard, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl; spread the mixture evenly on chicken.
- Toss sweet potatoes and onion in a bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables on it. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast, stirring the vegetables once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh registers 165°F, 30 to 35 minutes.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||9g|