Green Beans with Parmesan-Garlic Breadcrumbs
In this easy green bean recipe, browning the butter before tossing it with the breadcrumbs produces a nice nutty flavor. Serve this green bean dish as an alternative to green bean casserole or as an easy side with steak, chicken or fish.
- 1pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground pepper
- 3tablespoons butter
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 3tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and steam until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, swirling often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until the butter is nutty brown, about 30 seconds more. Stir in breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss the breadcrumbs with the green beans. Top with cheese.
Per serving (recipe makes 6 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1.9g|
|Trans Fatty Acid||0.09g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.