Creamy Spinach Dip
Try this light spinach dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Serve it with pita chips and crunchy vegetables or spread it on a sandwich.
about 2 1/2 cups
- 1small shallot, peeled
- 15-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed
- 1/2cup reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6ounces baby spinach
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Pulse shallot and water chestnuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until just combined. Add spinach and chives and pulse until incorporated.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Stir before serving.
Per serving (recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.