Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
Tossing chicken tenders with cornmeal gives these chicken nuggets great crunch without deep-frying. Blackberries (or raspberries, if you prefer) combined with whole-grain mustard make for a sweet-and-savory dipping sauce. Serve with steamed broccoli and carrots.
- 1cup fresh blackberries or raspberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1pound chicken tenders, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3tablespoons cornmeal
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Mash blackberries (or raspberries), mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat (discard any leftover cornmeal).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook the chicken, turning once or twice, until browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total (thinner nuggets will cook faster than thicker ones). Serve the chicken nuggets with the berry mustard.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||3g|
© Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.