2024 Guess the Cart Cost February Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE A CARD. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A CARD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTIONIS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW.
- DESCRIPTION: The 2024 Guess the Cart Cost February Contest (the “Contest”) allows one (1) Eligible Person (defined below) to receive a $50 gift card (a “Card”). By participating in the Promotion, each individual agrees to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) and the decisions of Grocery Outlet Inc., 5650 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, and Maryland who are at least eighteen (18) years or older at the time of the Promotion (“Eligible Person”). Employees, contractors, agents, directors, and officers of Sponsor and each of its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, retailers, advertising, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Promotion, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and participates agrees to be bound by these Terms and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Promotion. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on February 8, 2024 through Grocery Outlet social media platforms until February 11, 2024 at the close of night evening, 11:59pm (“Contest Period”).
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: To receive a Card in the Contest, be the one person to as closely guess the accurate savings price of the cart. LIMIT: ONE (1) ENTRY PER ELIGIBLE PERSON PER DAY. No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chances of winning. While supplies last. Winner will be announced via Instagram on February 12 2024 and direct message.
- CARD REDEMPTION AND ARV: Potential Card (defined below) recipient must be the one person to as closely guess the accurate price of the cart.
Odds of receiving a card depend upon the number of Eligible Persons to enter the Promotion. If any potential Card recipient is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Terms or decline the Card for any reason prior to award, such Card will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate recipient.
All costs and expenses not set forth as part of the Card shall be the sole responsibility of each Card recipient.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: Total approximate retail value of all Card: $50.00[ARV]. Odds of winning a Card are set forth above.
- GENERAL: Failure to provide any requested information to verify eligibility, and/or non-compliance with these Terms may result in forfeiture of the Card and an alternate recipient may receive the Card.No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of the Card is permitted, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a Card, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Card with another item of equal or greater value. Acceptance of a Card shall be construed as and signify the recipient’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the recipient’s name, portrait, picture, biographical information, voice, likeness, statements, photograph and/or Card information, without limitation, for promotional purposes in any and all media now known or developed in the future, throughout the world in perpetuity without further consideration, review, approval or payment, unless prohibited by law.By participating, recipient agree to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Promotion, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Card and/or with respect to participation in any Promotion-related activity. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering, announcement or administration of the Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, the individual agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Promotion should fraud, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper administration of the Promotion. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY SABOTAGE THE PROMOTION OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the individuals, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the process or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing; or I any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from individual’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Card. No more than the stated number of Cards will be awarded. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any associated website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the process.
- DISPUTES: By entering the Promotion, Eligible Person agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Card awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Alameda County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Eligible Person be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Person and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
- PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a Card constitutes a winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photograph, and/or voice for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- TAXES: Sponsor makes no representations about the tax consequences of being selected as the winner and receiving a Card. No part of the Card or its equivalent cash value will be subject to withholding by Sponsor for the payment of any taxes. Sponsor will report amounts received by an Eligible Person who is randomly chosen to be a winner and receives a Card by filing Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service as required by law. Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before the Card will be awarded. By participating in this Promotion, Eligible Person agree that they will be solely responsible for all (i) all applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any fees or costs associated with the Card awarded, and (ii) reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.