For 75 years Grocery Outlet has offered customers WOW savings on the brand-name products customers love! The company has more than 400 locations throughout 6 states and a rich history of surprising customers with great deals – even on some unexpected items. Enter to win prizes that highlight unique buys from Grocery Outlet history!
75 Days of Giveaways: Celebrating 75 Years of Savings
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, IDAHO, MARYLAND, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA AND WASHINGTON STATE WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: The Grocery Outlet 75th Anniversary Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored and administered by Grocery Outlet, 5650 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”).
- GIVEAWAY PERIOD:The Giveaway begins on August 23, 2021 at 12:01 A.M. PT (“Start Date”) and ends on November 6, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. PT (“Giveaway Period”). Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway.
- ELIGIBILITY:This Giveaway is offered only to legal residents of California, Idaho, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington State who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors, are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. By participating in this Giveaway, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Giveaway agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Giveaway.
- HOW TO ENTER:During the Giveaway Period, an entrant must either (i) submit an entry (“Entry”) through the landing page at groceryoutlet.com/75days, or (ii) submit an entry via the mail by hand printing your name (first and last), email address, and zip code on a postcard or 3” x 5” piece of paper, and then mail it in an envelope (if not a postcard) with proper postage during the Sweepstakes Period to Grocery Outlet 75th Sweepstakes 1835 Newport Blvd A109-216 Costa Mesa, CA 92627. Limit one (1) Entry request per person during the Giveaway Period and stamped outer envelope. All mail-in Entry requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by November 6, 2021. Entry must include a valid, working email address where the entrant can be reached. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of entry. Use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Message and data rates may apply to Entries submitted via a mobile device. Please check with your mobile carrier for more information. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified.
Entry Limit: One (1) entry per person for a maximum of one entry for the entire Giveaway Period. Entrants attempting to use multiple email accounts will be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to:
- a) Receive from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designated representative a notification message and/or email notifying such entrant if he or she is a potential prize winner.
- b) Receive promotional emails from Grocery Outlet. Subscribers can opt out of promotional emails via the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of any email or by visiting our Email Preferences Center at https://groceryoutlet.com/preference-center-login.
- WINNER SELECTION:A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor: once a day beginning on the August 23, 2021 and ending on November 6, 2021 for the Daily Prize; each Wednesday during the Giveaway Period for the Weekly Prize; and at the end of the Giveaway Period for the Grand Prize. If you are selected to win a prize, Sponsor will keep your Entry included for additional drawings throughout the Giveaway Period. Up to three (3) alternate winners will also be drawn. If the winner and alternate selections each do not respond within time allowed (see Paragraph 7 below for details), the Daily Prize will be forfeited. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Giveaway. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):There will be the following prizes:
- Daily Prize (one prize daily, for 75 days): $75 Grocery Outlet Gift Card
- Weekly Prize (one prize weekly, for 11 weeks): $1,000 Gift Card for a Wedding Dress at a national chain (or cash equivalent)
Weekly prize awarded each Wednesday during Giveaway Period starting August 25, 2021. Subsequent weekly drawings to occur:
- September 1, 2021
- September 8, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- September 22, 2021
- September 29, 2021
- October 6, 2021
- October 13, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- October 27, 2021
- November 3, 2021
Second Prize (one prize awarded at the end of the Giveaway Period)
- $1,000 Grocery Outlet Gift Card
Grand Prize (one prize awarded at the end of the Giveaway Period)
- Motorcycle (ARV $10,999)
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of the prize may differ from stated ARV and Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prizes may differ from any promotional images. Prize recipients are solely responsible for any taxes associated with prize acceptance.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:Potential winners will be notified via email within five (5) days of selection with further instructions on how to claim the prize. All potential winners must claim prize as instructed within 3 days of notification, or another winner will be chosen.If a potential winner does not respond to the winner notification message sent to his or her email address within the time period stated in the notification message, such potential winner’s prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event that an email notification or any other winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or if there is no response to an email notification or any other winner notification is not received within the stated time period, or if a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, he or she may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified, and the prize he or she may have been entitled to will be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Giveaway Period. The potential winner may be sent a W-9 and declaration of eligibility and liability / publicity release (“Prize Documents”). Unless prohibited by law, the potential winner will be required to complete and return the Prize Documents within seventy-two (72) hours of the date the Prize Documents are sent.
By accepting a prize, the winner grants Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, and/or photo (“Content”) in connection with the Giveaway for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, and to display the Content in any media now known or hereinafter developed.
- TAXES:Sponsor makes no representations about the tax consequences of being selected as the winner and receiving a prize. No part of the prize or its equivalent cash value will be subject to withholding by Sponsor for the payment of any taxes. Sponsor will report amounts received by an entrant who is randomly chosen to be a winner and receives a prize by filing Form 1099 MISC with the Internal Revenue Service as required by law. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree that they will be solely responsible for paying any taxes due as a result of receiving any prize.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree: (a) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Giveaway, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein, (b) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with his/her participation herein and/or any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor and, (c) not to sue and to hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which recipient (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to personal injury (including death) and/or damage, theft, loss or any other harm resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway related activity, (ii) the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, (iii) the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the Content, (iv) any malfunction or other problem with any Giveaway website, webpage, or mobile application, (v) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE GIVEAWAY; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE GIVEAWAY; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE GIVEAWAY, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, INACCESSIBLE, CORRUPTED, DAMAGED, DELETED OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES:Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in Alameda County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
- GENERAL:Any attempted form of participation in this Giveaway other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry in the Giveaway or entitlement to a prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent or deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process). CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE GIVEAWAY OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Giveaway details contained in these Official Rules, the details of the Giveaway as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Giveaway in its sole discretion.
- WINNERS LIST:To request the name of the winners (available after November 22, 2021), please contact Sponsor at GOBM75Giveaway@thebrandamp.com.