This creamy tortellini and vegetable pasta is a real crowd pleaser. To make it even quicker, use frozen chopped vegetables instead of fresh. Serve with: A green salad and whole-grain baguette.
5 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
- 114-ounce can vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3cloves garlic, sliced
- 1cup shredded fontina cheese or 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, dill or chives or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 4cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots and snap peas, or 16-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 116-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon (or dill or chives) and salt.
- Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
Per serving (recipe makes 5 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||4g|