Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Caraway & Lemon
Thinly sliced Brussels sprouts cook quickly and soak up whatever flavors you add to them—in this case, lemon and caraway.
4 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1/2teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons water
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, water, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings, 3/4 cup each)
|Mono Saturated Fat||1g|