Curried Shrimp & Potato Kebabs
This curried potato and shrimp kebab recipe cooks in less than 5 minutes on the grill and packs plenty of flavor thanks to a generous amount of curry powder, garlic and cilantro.
- 12new or baby potatoes
- 3tablespoons canola oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1tablespoon curry powder
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 20peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on High until just tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, cilantro, curry powder, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl. Add shrimp and the potatoes to the large bowl; toss to coat. Thread the shrimp and potatoes onto four 12-inch skewers.
- Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and the potatoes are browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Stir yogurt and lime juice into the small bowl of reserved sauce. Serve each kebab with 2 tablespoons sauce.
Shrimp is usually sold by the number needed to make one pound. For example, “21-25 count” means there will be 21 to 25 shrimp in a pound. Size names, such as “large” or “extra large,” are not standardized, so to get the size you want, order by the count per pound.
To make this recipe using the broiler, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray and place the skewers on the pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until the shrimp are pink and the potatoes are browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4 (12-inch) skewers
Per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
|Mono Saturated Fat||7g|